This packet was developed as a collective resource of norms for speech-language development. SLPs are often asked questions regarding typical age of sound acquisition and development of language. These resources will assist in answering those questions and providing resources to parents and colleagues.
- How Does Your Child Hear and Talk? — This developmental milestone chart is also available as a brochure and in DVD format.
- Speech Sound Disorders — articulation and phonological process development includes a speech sound acquisition chart.
- Language Speech and Hearing Services in the Schools — this series of articles examines language norms for school-age children.
- Building Your Child's Listening, Talking, Reading and Writing Skills: Kindergarten through Second Grade [PDF]
- Building Your Child's Listening, Talking, Reading and Writing Skills: Third Grade through Fifth Grade [PDF]
- Beyond Baby Talk — The book that answers parents' questions about their child's speech and language development: When will my infant speak? What should my child's first words be? Kenn Apel and Julie Masterson answer these questions while covering the stages of speech and language development for infants, babies, toddlers and preschoolers-in essence, the first years of a child's life.